Today the LCES second graders enjoyed some amazing animals including a Ringtail Lemur (king Julian) from the Madagascar and a small endangered Capuchin monkey aka ” Carlo’s the comedian” from the Rain forest of South America. From Africa we had a Prickly hedgehog, a beautiful Ball Python from the Savannah Plains of Africa, and a Bearded Dragon from the hot desert region of Australia. We also had a duck and a fluffy rabbit.
Thank you to all the staff, parents, and volunteers that worked to make Grizzly Games a success. We had a blast!!
Yearbooks will be distributed Friday, May 6th. Extra yearbooks will be on sale after that date for $21.
In January, Tingler Insurance Co. sponsored a ceiling tile art contest for CCPS students to celebrate the upcoming opening of their new office in Ladysmith. The Tinglers’ assigned various themes for each participating school and the one for LCES was “HEALTH”. In March, third grader Scarlett Smith’s design was chosen as the winner to represent LCES. Scarlett then had to recreate her 8”x8” design sketch onto one of Tingler’s 2’x2’ ceiling tiles! After 2 weeks of sketching and painting, the ceiling tile was delivered to the Tingler’s in time for their April 2nd installation party to thank all of the student winners, their families and the art teachers. Congratulations Scarlett!!
As the end of the year slowly approaches, we want to THANK all of our amazing volunteers this year for their time and dedication! You’re the BEST!
Congratulations to Mrs. Maureen Ballard for being named LCES “Teacher of the Year”, Mrs. Samantha Pavick for being named “Novice Teacher of the Year”, and Mrs. Dale Washington for being named “Support Staff of the Year. LCES thanks you for your hard work and dedication and congratulates you all on your accomplishments!
Math Recognition Month
- 5: Spring Pictures
- 6: 4th grade Agricultural Day
- 7: PTA Meeting 6:00 pm
- 8: Favorite Number Day
- -Ready Freddie Day 10-5 pm
- (K Registration)
- 12: 9:30am Volunteer Breakfast
- 14: CCPS Pyramid Concert 6:30 pm @CHS
- 15: Polka Dot Day
- -Special Olympics Day @CHS
- -PTA Spring Fling Dance 6-8 pm
- 16: 5th grade Saturday tutoring 9-12pm
- 17: LCES Chorus @ Flying Squirrels Game
- 18: Kindergarten field trip
- 20: Interims
- 21: 5th grade field trip
- 22: Grizzly Games AM PreK-2nd grade &
- PM 3-5th grade
- -Minion Movie Night 6-8 pm
- 26: Last day for Jump Rope Club
- 27: Administrative Professionals Day
- 28: Last day of before school tutoring
- -LCES Spring Fling 6:30 pm
- 29: School Spirit Day
- 30: 5th grade Saturday tutoring 9-12pm
- WHO: Any child who will be 5 years of age by September 30, 2016
- WHERE: Lewis & Clark Elementary School
- WHEN: Beginning March 21st through April 28th
Monday through Thursday From — 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Ready Freddy Day (National Kindergarten Day) April 8th
- Registration will be from 10-5pm
- Pre-K Screening Alert
For more information please call: Lewis & Clark Elementary 448-0175
You will need a certified copy of your child’s birth certificate at registration, proof of residency (2), and verification of your child’s social security number. Your child will also need a current physical exam and proof of immunizations before attending school. Forms are available on the school website. Children who attended Head Start or any Pre-K Program must also register for Kindergarten.
- 2: Last day of Running Club
- 2-6th: Teacher Appreciation Week
- 5: SOL testing begins
- 6: Hawaiian Day
- -5th Grade Dance 4-5:30 pm
- 10: Kindergarten Musical 6:30 pm
- 11: National Nurse’s Day
- 13: Super Hero Day
- 20: Twin Day
- 24: 9:30 am 5th Grade Promotion Ceremony
- -2:00 pm PreK Promotion Ceremony
- 25: Last Day of School for students
- K-4th grade Honors Assemblies
Please come out and join us this Thursday, April 28th at 6:30 for the LCES Spring Fling Concert. The following clubs will be performing; Chorus, Recorder, Dance Team, Jump Rope, and Ukulele Club.